Customer Service Representative - Darlington (part-time)
£16,500 pro rata + benefits | Darlington
At EE - the people showing the UK how technology can make the everyday better - we're bringing great jobs with great benefits closer to home. Benefits like a competitive salary, generous bonuses and a healthy holiday allowance. Not to mention big career development opportunities for those who plan to climb the ladder.
Join the customer service team at your local contact centre and you'll take calls from all kinds of customers with all kinds of questions. Whether they'd like a bill explained, a payment issue resolved or a contract upgraded, it'll be down to you to listen to them, understand their needs and come up with the perfect solution to suit. It won't always be a walk in the park, though. Meeting challenging targets, staying positive and polite on every call and supporting the odd frustrated customers are all part and parcel of the job. But if you can bring the patience, enthusiasm and people skills it takes to put the customer first and help us achieve our ambition of being #1 for service, the rewards are 100% worth it.
* Need real strength of character and will have a talent for making customers feel special
* Be able to listen - even if the issue is hard to listen to
* Love talking to people and have a knack for understanding their needs - even if the matter is not always clear
* Give your best advice - even if it isn't always appreciated
* Have a genuine interest in communication technology
* Enjoy being part of a team but still have the drive to work on your own initiative.
You might even:
* Know a thing or two about the telecoms sector
* Have some customer service experience
* Know your way around a PC.
What's in it for you?
* Competitive salary
* Generous bonus - average bonus of £900.00 per year (pro rata), but exceptional performers can expect to earn up to £2,400.00 (pro rata)
* 25 days' holiday (pro rata) - with the opportunity to buy up to 30 days
* 75% discount on your personal EE mobile phone package
* 30% Friends and Family discount from day one (conditions apply)
* Discounted EE TV and broadband packages
* On-site concierge service
* Healthcare cash plan (worth £126.00)
* Pension (up to 9% employer contributions - conditions apply).
At EE, we look for the best people to join us. And to help us find them, we've created this simple but effective recruitment process. You need to pass each stage to carry on to the next:
* Visit the careers section of our website and fill in our short online application form
* We'll send you a link to our online assessment which shouldn't take more than half an hour or so to complete
* If you pass the online assessment, one of our recruitment team will give you a call to talk about the next steps
* Attend a recruitment event at one of our sites, which will take about 3 hours. You'll get to meet the team and see what the job is really like.
We're EE, home to Britain's first ever 4G network and one of the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work for. Since becoming part of the BT family, our people have been keeping our customers happy with great service, and our network, which has been named as the best in the UK, is keeping their digital lives connected. Join the Customer Service team at one of our contact centres and help bring it all to life.
For more information on these shift patterns and to apply, please click the 'apply' button.
At EE, we're creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
PLEASE NOTE: Our centres are open 7 days a week, 365 days per year, between the hours of 08.00am - 21.00pm weekdays, and 08.00am - 20.00pm at weekends. Your shift rotation will fall within these time frames and you will be expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Shifts are also subject to change but you would be provided with 30 days' notice prior to any changes.