This company is a fast growing, multi-award winning cloud based technology company. They provide business customers with industry leading VoIP, contact centre management and business services, and in 2015 celebrated their 10-year anniversary.
They look after their employees, with a unique style and culture, and in 2015 were awarded 'Employer of the Year' at a regional business award ceremony.
They are looking for a Lead Systems Administrator to join their growing communication technology business based in Sunderland.
You will be responsible for…
- Maintenance of their estate of servers across 4 data centres
- Planning and deployment of key applications; internal and third party
- Planning and implementing key infrastructural change
- Providing thought leadership within a small technical team.
- Planning and implementing network architecture locally within each data centre location and across their key locations
- Supporting their suite of real time communications applications
- Familiarity with ITIL or similar management framework
- Providing on call support on a rota basis (additional salary allowance paid)
- Well established experience in RedHat based distributions
- Excellent Layer 2 and Layer3 networking skills. Experience and understanding of key protocols:
- An excellent grasp of Security fundamentals at application, network and system levels
- Keen understanding of architecture and performance considerations
- Mastery of mysql administration principles in a replicated environment
- Strong command line skills
It would be a bonus to us if you were able to bring with you any skills or experience of:
- Opensips / kamaillo / openser
- WebRTC components
- Experience working with monitoring tools such as:
As a lead role, you will be able to demonstrate considerable experience in the areas above or justify an exceptional level of skill. In addition, you will be required to lead projects, facilitate communication with other teams, show strong co-ordination and organising skills and support other members of the team through mentoring and day to day engagement.
You will have a keen eye for detail and a creative approach to problem solving. You will have excellent verbal and written English language skills. You will have great interpersonal skills and be a keen team player.
- 25 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Modern, welcoming and friendly working environment
- Free tea, coffee, biscuits and other refreshments and snacks
- Private health care
- Pension scheme
- Regular company outings, paid for entirely by the company, including the annual summer and Christmas parties
- Support for continuing personal development